Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bangkok Trip: ASCS Day 1

Woke up at 5.45 AM, said hello to my colleague who slept in the extra bed next to main bed.
We got ready, wore our uniform polo shirt. We went downstairs to 2nd floor, looking for our restaurant. It was hidden, quite far from the lift. I met the rest of the ASEAN team and surgeons there. The food was placed in a corner. Not much of a food choice, especially for me who is a muslim.

After breakfast, we went in the bus provided. The traffic was quite alright, not as pact as I'd imagine. The venue was in Dusit Thani Hotel.
I meet my surgeon, introduced him to my boss. Then I just mingled.
When lunch time, I and two of my Singapore colleagues went across to S&P café for lunch. Not long after that, several colleagues and my big boss joined.
After lunch, I and my Philippines colleague went back to hotel to change clothes. My boss was getting ready with the costume.
When we got back to venue, my boss was in traditional Thai outfit. She was beautiful. The rest of Thai staffs were getting ready and conducted rehearsal.


Before gala dinner, I had chit chat with Asia training director and Vietnam country manager who’s an Indian. We had some drinks, listening to live traditional Thai music.
We took a seat near the stage, Philippines surgeons sat on the same table.

Our dinner menu was this ….. (will be posted)

Beside speeches and live band, we watched several performances of Thai dancing.
We had a nice time that night. When we got to hotel, we helped my boss to undress. Very hectic with those accessories she had on.

No comments: