Thursday, November 20, 2008

Shanghai trip, Day 4 (Nov 19, 2008)

a. Dinner at Turkey restaurant. I thought my friend told me it's a Turkish restaurant, that why I was excited to go there to try. But when she said it's not halal, I asked why because most of Turkey people is musli. It turned out that the restaurant is a chinese food restaurant which serves Turkey meat.



b. Downtown of Shanghai is 30 minutes far. So I don't think I can go there until Sunday when we are off (but still need to study for Monday quiz). My hotel is located at Min Hangg District.

c. If in Jakarta we can find so many Indo Maret or Alfa Mart (type of mini mart), in Bangkok we can find 7-Eleven in every corner, and here we can find Lawson.

d. I don't understand Shanghai's traffic here. The steering wheel is at left side, they drive at right side, but the most annoying thing is that the traffic light doesn't work. Even when it's red, so many vehicles keep going on, making us the street walker to have extreme precautious when crossing the street.

The way taxi driver drives, uughhhh.....so scarry. I may suggest you to close your eyes when you are in taxi.

e. Note for myself: next time if I go overseas for training and business meeting, must bring formal clothing, e.g. suit or blazer. I couldn't bring those because it will take up space in my luggage. I have brought sweaters and other clothes for winter.
My room mate brought a lot of clothes and shoes, I think my boss did too.

No comments: