Monday, November 24, 2008

Shanghai trip, Day 7 (Nov 22, 2008)

We had a class today. It was about sales skills. Good one to refresh my memory after all this time.

There were two classes combined. My own class and other field class.


Malaysian team had a dinner with their surgeon, while I and my Indonesian colleagues decided to go downtown. It was raining.

At first we wanted to go to Shanghai Tower, the ride would take 40 minutes, said hotel's bellboy. But there will be traffic jam at this hour. He suggested us to go to Yu Yuan Garden which would take 30 minutes. It took us about 1 hour to get there. Taxi cost RMB 59. It started to rain.


We ate at McDonald's, I chose Fillet O'Fish package (RMB 20.50). For me, the taste was plain.




At Yu Yuan Garden, we bought souvenirs. Here are my souvenirs:

T-Shirt: from RMB 100 to RMB 40 after bargain

Lady blouse: RMB 50, the lady said original price was RMB 150, and I saw in other shop it was RMB 250

Keychain: from RMB 35, after bargain RMB 15, but in other shop, it was only RMB 15 without bargaining

Laughing Budha: RMB 28

Pouches: RMB 10 each, if buy 10 gets RMB 9 each

Fancy mirror: RMB 28 for my Jakarta colleague

Damn, I spent RMB 210 just for souvenirs. I'll check out later whether there are places I can go to get cheaper stuffs. Around the place, there are some people will approach you and offer you fake branded bags and watch.

It was still 08.30 PM but the area was quiet and not many taxis. We finally rode taxi without using meter.



The souvenirs

No comments: