Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Shanghai trip, day 2 (Nov 17, 2008)

After Fajr prayer, I studied again, because there will be entry exam and we have to get 90% otherwise we must retake the test.

Had breakfast at the restaurant on the 1st floor then I went back to my room to get my stuffs. Met all friends in the lobby as we were waiting for the bus which will take us to training location. It was only 15 minutes to get there.

Went to auditorium on 3rd floor. The opening session was done my Training Director who's a Chinese. Then we took our entry exam, coffee break and first session of the class started. We were separated based on the focus of products we are handling. My class room is on 3rd floor.
After that exam, I was relieved. Didn't want to try to review it because I was so stressfull.

I realized that this training is very different to those which I have attended. It's very intensive, I won't have much free time to go online or go to explore the area. The training period has been reduced from 5 weeks to 4 weeks, even on Saturday we'll have class. Sunday will only have few free time because must study for weekly test.
I won't have time to think of other things beside work and training.

First day was tiring. We finished at 6 PM, it's already evening. Arrived in the hotel, I put my things in room and went with my Indonesian colleague for dinner. There's muslim restaurant across the hotel. None of us speaks Chinese, so we only pointed the dish pictures on the wall. I chose noodle with sweet and sour sauce with vegetable. The noodle is similar to Japanese Udon. It cost RMB 7 only but the restaurant didn't provide drinks, awww.....

The taxi from training location to hotel cost RMB 15.

I had 2 hours before our group study session, so I took shower and did my prayer. I decided to go to business meeting room early and read there instead of waiting til 9 PM.
At 10 PM I went back to my room.

I must get local mobile phone number, the hotel staff suggested to buy China Mobile SIM card. I had difficulty with my Indonesian mobile number. I wasn't able to send message to my sister when the night before I was able to do that.

No comments: