Monday, August 4, 2008

Integra Training, Day 5

It's Sunday..........Wei has arranged a trip with our group. We started very early, went on a big bus. Not all came along, they had different plans. From Bangkok to Floating Market, 2 hours outside Bangkok. Wei didn't come with us because he went on the tour many times and he had to do some work.
On the way to the market, we dropped by at a place where they made coconut sugar. I bought coconuts chips. Don't have it back home.



(Picture: coconut sugar - white stuff on the right)




 
After 45 minutes, we continued our trip. We needed to ride a boat through the canals to the floating market. It was a long boat and narrow canals. People's houses above the river. I thought I would buy some stuffs there but I found out that the price is higher than Bangkok. My eyes caught some pretty hand bags, with beads and all. Wanted three of them at 1,000 Baht. Unfortunately, the three bags I wanted didn't belong to one seller. So I didn't buy them.
Jason bought some mango.

A girl took our picture when we got on the boat. We found a lady displayed our pictures on a plate near our bus. I straight away bought it as a souvenir.



Cool Bus

From there, the trip continued to Royal Thai Handicraft where they made beautiful wooden crafts, a paper made from tree branches. Only windows shopped, nothing interested me, although there were silk scarfs, 500 Baht each.
Hungry, hungry.........We arrived at Samphrand, elephant and crocodile show. Had our lunch first at the restaurant then we watched the show. It was an awesome incredible show. The elephants were doing performance and playing soccer. Then, when it was over, we could take some pictures of them or ride them.
The guys went to see crocodile show, but on our way to the place, me and Susan stopped at a clothing store. We bought T-shirts and missed the show.
Goodness, weather was very very hot and I wore my long sleeve shirt (well, I had to ....lol).
I felt very tired. We got to hotel not very late. I thought I would have early rest so I would have the energy for Monday. But, the other part of me said to go with the girls for only awhile. Jolean wanted to go to the night market near the hotel (Patpong).
And what did I do? I shopped and shopped. We were there until mid night!
Bad thing was, some birds pooed at us while they were flying. Whaaaa..............

No comments: