Friday, September 2, 2011

Shanghai Trip, August 25-28, 2011

I went to Shanghai last week to accompany my customers to attend a workshop. It was near to end of fasting month. My worry was whether the hotel provides us early breakfast.
It was difficult to get flight from Jakarta to Singapore due to peak season of end of Ramadhan where people would prepare to celebrate Eid. We flew by Singapore Airlines. As I know, they serve nice meal, alas, I cannot eat because I was fasting.
We departed from Jakarta to Singapore at 5.50 AM, Aug 25, 2011. It was too early.... We had to transit in Changi Airport for around 4 hours.
I spent the time at entertainment deck and watch movies.
Flight from Singapore to Shanghai was at 12.45 PM. We touched down at 18.05. I've arranged hotel transport to pick us up.
Before going to Shanghai, I checked the weather forecast first on Internet. I didn't want to bring wrong clothing, like I did when I was in Shanghai in 2008
It said that weather will be cool (or cold?? 23 celsius degree). Just in case, I brought a thin coat.
From our Liason Officer, I found out that in that week, the weather is cooler, compare to the week before when they reached the highest temperature in their Summer.

We reached hotel at around 8 PM, had dinner at 9 PM at Cafe Bistro downstairs. What a late one considering we were fasting.
We stayed at Sheraton Hotel HongQiao, room rate RMB 618 per night.

The Desk and TV


The sinc in bathroom, I love that rack on the right

The organizer has arranged for us to get breakfast box for our early breakfast during fasting month. I only had to get it at receptionist every day (3.30 AM). Not the kind I was expected, because the menu was the same every day, but I'm still grateful.

My Room on 16th Floor


The workshop was held on Aug 26-27, 2011. On second night, we had group dinner at Hua Na Hotel... Near Warren Inn hotel....





With Khun Cham, my lovely colleague from Bangkok
On Aug 27 evening, we went to Super Brand Mall, I craved for hot pot but couldn't find the place. I asked to information officer but she pointed out the vegetarian restaurant instead on 5th floor. It cost RMB 471 for three of us. Since the food is vegetarian, everything was safe for us to eat. We had fish with cranberry sauce, seafood curry, steam rice, asparagus, mushroom soup, spicy fried chicken.
For break fasting, we ordered Jelly herb ice and taro cake.


Super Brand Mall, main entrance
I managed to shop for awhile at Sephora and bought some stuffs. I even got Sephora member card. I think this is a sign for me to come back to China again, LOL.
Sephora billboard near the entrance

My Sephora shopping bag, take while waiting for taxi

Pearl Orient Tower in a cloudy night
Yu Yuen Garden

We checked in from hotel on August 28, 2011 at 11AM.
At Pudong International Airport, I bought several souvenirs for family and friends. Bought a box of glutinous cake, I think it's Mochi cake, in green tea flavor.
We broke our fasting in the plane.
I also bought Kiehl's products, but since I would be only transit at Changi, I cannot bring the items in my cabin, so the sales staff had to cancel my purchase.
Good things was, I found a Kiehl's outlet at Changi, and I bought the same item there.
We waited only 1,5 hours at Changi. Not as long as our first flight.
Arrived home safely at 11.30PM.












.

No comments: