Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Shanghai trip preparation

The day before I went to Shanghai (Nov 15, 2008), I had to complete several personal things. I wasn’t able to do them because my boss was in Jakarta during the week and we had a guest speaker from Singapore. On Friday I went to Bandung for the lecture.

1. Cleaned up the house, don’t want thick dust when I arrive next month. Asked my house assistant to come by twice a week.
2. Exchanged the money to get USD and CNY.
3. Bought Chinese dictionary, in case I’m lost and need directions in Shanghai.
4. Printed information regarding muslim restaurant and prayer times in Shanghai
5. Took some stuffs at my sister’s place: clothes and make up.
6. Discussed family matters with my sister, things to do while I’m away.

So much to do, so little time. Not to mention that I still need to study. I’m going to miss my niece and my little nephew. I asked my sister to call me once or twice a week using her cell number because it’s cheaper than me calling her. Her cell phone operator has a special code for international call so it will get lower rate.

I searched the internet to find Shanghai weather information. I must prepare for cold weather.

Here are the stuffs I bring for this trip:
1. Clothes: I only bring 6 blouses with matching hijab, 4 trousers, 2 t-shirts and shorts, 4 long sleeve shirts, 2 training pants
2. Shoes: one pair of work out shoes, one pair of pumps
3. Make up: foundation, sunblock cream, powder, eye shadows, lipstick, mascara, cleansing milk, facial soap, night cream, eye cream, eye make up remover, face tonic.
4. Toiletries: body shower gel, body lotion, hair tonic.
5. Medicines and vitamins: for cold and stomach problem, Tahitian Noni Juice
6. Instant food: noodles and porridge, in case I’m bored with the local food or to save some money.
7. All kinds of charger for my cell phones and camera.
8. Al-Qur’an
9. Study materials
10. Laptop

The airline allows only 20 kg of baggage, so I weighed my luggage, it was 18kg something. The lady in the check-in counter said they still allow up to 25 kg.
I didn’t have the chance to study today. Decided to go to sleep early (11.30 PM was not early, lol)

No comments: