Wednesday, August 20, 2008

December 27, 2006: Another trip to Singapore continued to Purwokerto

After my trip to Singapore (dec 23, 2006), I needed to calm down. I reported this to my boss, informed our subdealer and the hospital. I hope the subdealer can negotiate this with hospital. I don't want us getting USD 35,000 penalty while we didn't make so much money from this project.

I checked and monitored the status of the shipment online. It turned out that it arrived at Singapore on Dec 24, 2006. Good! That means, I can pick them all around 27 Dec.
Christmas was on Monday, so must wait to book airplane ticket on Dec 26. This time I wanted everything was perfect!
Called Birkart Jakarta and Singapore, and called IndoExpress to provide the permit without GST. Nothing was left.
Because after arrived from Singapore, I and Hansen must straight away go to Purwokerto to submit the goods.

Oh yes, I reported the behaviour of Birkart's Singapore staff to their Jakarta office. I didn't ask her name, so it was difficult for them to report it to their head office. But Jakarta manager, Bu Yayu was really really upset hearing I was having a bad service.

======================
The important day. Went on Adam Air on Dec 27. They provided us a glass of mineral water and one Roti Boi. Gosh, kinda boring huh?

This time, I was able to use the free public phone! Yippie..... I stayed inside airport until I ensure everything was arranged nicely. Had some snacks, and watched CNN, then made more phone calls.
Oh God, what happened with the internet here? Changi has many internet workstation, free. I cannot login to my mail boxes, except Friendster. I need to check my e-mails!!!!!!!!

Oh well, bought a Burger King again. Went to Birkart's office. Smiled to Rose, but not that Bi**h.... At first I wanted to ask her how the movie was, going sarcastic here, haha..............But I decided not to greet her or talk to her, while everyone else was being nice to me.

I checked the goods: the ones from UK, the first shipment from US, and the second. Good, everything is here. I asked Rose to provide transportation for me and the goods to Changi airport.

Ooops, one small problem. Rose told me that one of the permit stated 2 boxes instead of only 1 box we had! Called IndoExpress and their permit agent. No good!
Then Rose tricked it. We opened the box, took out a part of the content and keep it in another box. Voila! we had two boxes now!

Got through the first custom at the freight area, I must get second chop from custom officers at Changi, otherwise they will consider me smuggling goods from Singapore. We don't want that happen, do we?

It took 3 trolleys to carry all of the goods, and I was alone. Thanks to one of the truckers, he accompanied me and helped me to push the trolleys to Custom and to check in counter.
With all the troubles moving the trolleys and check the goods in, I can relax a bit.

Had my dinner on 2nd floor. Ummm....not too nice.

Checked my e-mails again. Still couldn't access. Arrghhhhh...........what happened to the internet today?????

Had some rest on the plane. Hansen and Pak Jakri awaited me. We put all in the car and began our trip to Purwokerto.

You can imagine how tired I was. We got to hotel around 3 AM. Went to hospital at 8 AM, reported to the tender committe, and installed the machine.
Too bad dr. T was still in Hajj, otherwise we can start the training and test functions.

But.....................I felt relieved! My God.....it's been a hard time for me. Took a lot of energy and time to accomplish this project.

======================

And..... When I checked the items, I realized that Integra forgot to include the suction tubes, 6 boxes! My, my............
Must inform them to deliver it ASAP.

I will go back again to give a training to Dr. T and his team.

Later on I found out that there has been a problem with undersea fiber optic cable in Taiwan due to an earthquake. It caused interference on Internet in SEA area.

No comments: