Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Capsule Endoscopy Training, Kuala Lumpur

Trip to KL: Nov 28 - Dec 1, 2006

Training: Nov 29-30, 2006

==========================================================================

My colleagues from Singapore, Yap KC, went to Capsule Endoscopy (CE) distributor meeting in Hamburg last September, after that we had an internal training for the updates of CE, done in head office, Kuala Lumpur.

November 28, 2006

Arrived in KLIA at noon, I and Susan went straight away to Concord Hotel, checked in, put our luggages in the room, then looked for lunch, Nasi Kandar stall located behind the hotel. Usually I'd go to office after checked in, but this time we didn't have enough time. It was already 4 PM.

Called Jeonine to fix dinner appointment tonight at KLCC food court.
We'll meet up at 7 PM. Great, we'd have time to take a nap :)

Yeny and Cynthia asked us to check out Vincci sandals at KLCC. While waiting for Jeonine, we checked out Vincci's store. Crowded!

After met Jeonine, we went to 4th floor and started searching for our dinner menu.
Alicia joined us. I ordered Phat Thai Noodle, yummy! It's halal. Big porsion.
I have been missing this since 2003. I tried this food for the first time at a training in Bangkok in 2003. But everytime I went to Bangkok, I didn't order it because I was afraid it was not halal.
I also ordered Es Campur.
KC later on joined us after arrived from Singapore by bus.

Back to hotel with a full stomach.



November 29, 2006

I couldn't wait to have breakfast at Melting Pot Restaurant in Concorde Hotel.

They have changed the lay out and got new furnitures. Love the food!

KC gave us interesting materials on CE updates.

Lunch provided: a big cheese burger and big glass of coke.

Cimg3050_2 Alicia took us for dinner at KLCC, this time to Little Penang and it was on office! Yippie, can save the allowance.

I ordered Penang Laksa. I was still full thus thinking to order a light dish. To my surprise, came a very BIG bowl of Penang Laksa. From the picture, you'll think it was not that big.

Trust me, it's a big bowl!

Then I went to Kinokinuya Book Store to buy Henry Wisnu's order: Michigan TOEFL Book. Not to forget Vinnci again!Cimg3053

Still quiet difficult to find a right model, a right color, and the right size for me!


November 30, 2006

Breakfast again at Melting Pot. So many food to choose. From Chinese breakfast, Malay menu, and American Buffet.

Today lunch is on office again. Sany brought us to Madam Guan. Wow, the seats were full. But we managed to get a place for our group.

I ordered Rice and Chicken and Sagoo Malay for dessert. The rice was similar to Hainam Chicken Rice.

We were at the restaurant for several hours. CE discussion was moved, from office meeting room, to the lunch table.

Cimg3058


We got back to the hotel early and went to Bukit Bintang. Susan wanted to find some dried food and stuffs. We''l meet Alicia later on who promised to bring us to Kedai Mamak. It's like a food court, but serving more Indian food. We tried Roti Canai with Egg, Roti Tissue, Cheese Nan, etc. The unique thing was every dish was served with curry, same curry.

Cold tarik tea was nice.

Oh, my father is on Aceh trip. We sent text messages to see how things were.

An urgent matter came up. Aesthetic Team needed us to pick up some goods ordered by their dermatologist.
Boss was upset, Paulus and Diana SMS us, asking for our help.

December 01, 2006

Our first plan was no need to go to office this morning. But due to the order, we had to pick it up. Then went to KLIA.

Wow, they have Wi-Fi connection at the lounge. Note: not boarding lounge, but the area where you can just sit and enjoy the atmosphere.
They've got World's Best Airport Award!

I bought a box of chocolate filled with durian. Interesting.



Sadly, one week after the trip, my father passed away

No comments: